So, a lot has happened in the past few days. After I put together the shell of the 3rd plant, I trimmed it up and got it stitched to the frame with fishing line.
Somewhere in this process I managed to razor blade myself in the bicep. Not a deep cut, mind you, but one that wouldn’t stop bleeding until I staunched the wound with a magical unicorn bandaid. Still, I fear it was too late, and Audrey II has tasted human blood.
The past few days have been rather challenging in terms of weather, so I wound up doing a lot of sewing which is tedious, but can take place in air conditioned comfort.
I also got to work on the petals for the 3rd plant. For the 2 smaller versions, the petals are just made of stiffened fabric, but for this version, since they have to be much larger, I essentially sewed sleeves for foam petals so they function like giant pillows. This went much faster than stitching the shells up because I was able to do it on the sewing machine… well, when I wasn’t breaking and fixing the sewing machine.
Now I’m sort of at an impasse. My missing airbrush part finally got here, but they sent the wrong part. So a new one is on the way, along with my new shipment of foam, and the yellow spandex that wasn’t in stock in the store…… so I can’t paint, pattern or sew until everything gets here.
Well, at least everything is going ahead of schedule!